struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Drop J4 support, was: Re: release process
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 19:18:52 GMT
Just a reminder: Sun isn't the only JDK vendor; I know of a lot of WebFears and WebIllogics
that aren't running 1.5.

I'm still in favor of dropping support, but it's not reasonable to make a blanket assumption
that just because Sun EOL'd 1.4 that (a) scads of people aren't still running 1.4, and (b)
people only run Sun JVMs.

Dave