struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Belingueres" <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ur.includeParams to none?
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2008 13:34:42 GMT
IMHO as a S2 user (or any other API user):

When something breaks backward compatibility, I as a user expect to
detect the change as early as possible, which in the ideal case would
be when recompile the project.

In this case, if the hypothesis is that people have a hard time
reading the docs (which I think is quite good), then there is a high
probability that this change will pass undetected to production
applications (because you need good testing in place to detect the
change in the defaults).

Being said that, if the current default is nobody default, then
promote the attribute as "required".

Disadvantages:

1) Everybody are forced to add it.
2) It breaks pages (because of the change in the TLD).

Advantages:
1) Can be detected earlier than changing the default only.