struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: more OSGI thoughts?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 01:01:42 GMT
The latest status is I built a plugin system around OSGi for Atlassian
and it is in the process of being rolled out.  Basically, it utilizes
a hybrid approach where the main webapp is a normal webapp, but
plugins can be installed on it dynamically via OSGi.  I have the OK to
open source it, but I want to have something in mind to use it with
first.  Archiva, the Maven proxy, is looking to add a plugin system,
and since James, a fellow Atlassian, is a committer, I might start
there.  They use WebWork 2 right now, so it may involve a migration to
Struts 2, we'll see...

Don