struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ParameterFilterInterceptor security issue
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:01:54 GMT
Jira ticket with patch: https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/WW-2761
Crucible review: http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/cru/CR-10/preview

I added this tests to the testcases:

 put("blah", "This is blah"); //assert it is good
 put("name", "try_1");  //assert it is not set
 put("(name)", "try_2"); //assert it is not set
 put("['name']", "try_3"); //assert it is not set

if you can think of other tests, suggest them to add them. Making this
patch I found a bug in parameter interceptor which I had to fix:

protected boolean isAccepted(String paramName) {
        if (!this.acceptedParams.isEmpty()) {
            for (Pattern pattern : acceptedParams) {
                Matcher matcher = pattern.matcher(paramName);
                if (matcher.matches()) {
                    return true; // <-- was returning false here
                }
            }
        }
        return acceptedPattern.matcher(paramName).matches();
    }

please review it and let me know. I will commit it later, and will
also look into Brian Relph's patch (WW-2760 )

musachy

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Musachy Barroso <musachy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that would be great, create a jira ticket, attach a patch to
> it and we will check it out. I am writing a patch for the approach
> that I mentioned before, which will provide the same behavior using
> xml configuration, but having annotations as an option would be good.
>
> musachy
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Relph,Brian <Brian.Relph@cerner.com> wrote:
>>
>> I wrote an annotation based parameters interceptor that extends the current parameters
interceptor while allowing you to configure the default "accept" policy for an actions properties,
as well as a per-property annotation that can override the action's policy.  This lets you
use the same interceptor / interceptor stack for all actions, and configure each individually
to accept or reject parameters.  I would still like to add some regex support to the action
annotation.  Would this interest you?

>> Brian Relph

the property name that is passed to MemberAccess to be checked, is the actual property name,
and not an expression.

e-mail: dev-help@struts.apache.org

>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner
Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message
is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal,
or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use
of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee,
please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail
or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.