struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts2 Maven Archetypes
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:19:01 GMT
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 2:14 PM, Lukasz Lenart
<lukasz.lenart@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I had the same problem few days ago, please check which version of
> maven-archetype-plugin you have? If it is 2.0-alpha-2 or less, remove
> the whole directory. With the latest 2.0-alpha-3 the is no problem
> with Struts2 archetypes (even if they are missed from mentioned repo).
> More details here http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-199

mvn archetype:generate and choosing #20 doesn't work for me... it's
looking for 2.0.9-SNAPSHOT of the struts-blank archetype, which isn't
available.  A released version of a Maven plugin really shouldn't be
trying to download snapshots of anything. :(

Snapshots are not safe to depend on, unless you're building and/or
hosting them yourself so you know they're present in the repo you're
using.

The right answer here is for the Struts devs to release the
archetypes.  Any volunteers? :)

(It's on my list, but it's a _very_ long list.  I can make time to
help if someone else wants to learn the release process though.)

--
Wendy