struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: If your evaluating new template engines, what about ZipScript
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 14:32:11 GMT
As I'm never a big fan of relying solely on the fact that technologies
have been "used", I'd compare feature sets. Here's what I like from GXP:

- Pre-compile for performance
- Type safe
- Injectable
- White space reduction
- l10n and i18n support (although difficult to determine exactly how
they work)
- Componentized
- Auto-escaping

Here's what I don't like

- XML syntax yet again
- Somewhat complex
- Lacking sufficient documentation for all features

I haven't yet, but I would be comparing feature sets rather than usage.

At the same time though, they can both be used for results. I'd
probably only want to use one of them for tag files to reduce
complexity, but anyone interested in writing a pluggable tag system
could easily support both for tag files as well.

-bp