struts-dev mailing list archives

From fikar <jhulfikar...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Struts 2 Feature
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:04:40 GMT
*
Hello Struts2 Dev Group*

I was wondering to find a feature in Struts2 where we can specify our logic
(basically our if conditions) to prevent an element from displaying.

Basically i wanted to have a feature as like the below:

*Existing Feature:*

<s:if test="userExists">
   <s:text name="label.userHelloMessage" />
</s:if>

*My Proposing Feature:*

<s:text name="label.userHelloMessage" onlyIftest="userExists"/>

*What am i proposing for this new approach?*

Currently in most of the web applications we need to maintain the business
flow by keeping so many if else ladders and it is hard to maintain the JSP
Pages. By having the condition check inside the custom tag, we can achieve a
high level of maintenance.
*
*Can you please tell me how can i go about it to create this functionality
or is there any functionality exists already? Please let me know how we can
go about it.

*Note: *label.userHelloMessage=Hello User, A good day for you!

*With regards
Jhulfikar Ali. A* | *Software Engineer | Bangalore | Mobile: 09900110860 |*