struts-dev mailing list archives

From ElCrackdel83 <jmayorpe...@hotmail.com>
Subject A few simple questions about Struts 1.3.8
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 06:36:12 GMT

Good Morning! I have a few questions that I expect to solve with your help.

1. I'm using the Validator of Struts (the one that needs the
validation-rules.xml and the validator.xml) and for the forms I'm using
DynaValidatorForm. Well, when I wanna get in the execute method of the
Action the parameters that the user introduced in the form, how do I get
them? I've tried to cast to DynaValidatorForm the form argument of the
execute method, but it does not work.

2. I've been trying to use the struts tags, like, for example, html:text
instead of the old <input type="text". According to the DTD, the attribute
property is mandatory. When I run my app and I display the JSP with the form
with the tags in it, I get something like "the property does not exist". How
do I use thouse tags? I believe it has to do with the DynaValidatorForm,
but, apparently, if it's the first time the form runs, until the user does
not press the submit button the form bean isn't created to map the data.

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Regards