struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Musachy Barroso" <musa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Deprecate or remove Dojo plugin
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:44:19 GMT
So is the consensus so far that we should have a few, very simple
tags, based on another framework, and take the dojo plugin out of
struts?

musachy

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com> wrote:
> One solution would be to provide the backing components for simple use-cases (like <sx:a...>
and <sx:submit...> at least) and an integration with a couple JavaScript libraries,
hopefully making it obvious enough that people could then implement their own back-end.

> With simple components updating on backing library updates is easier, and (in theory)
it makes it easier to understand how users can extend or create additional tags to suit their
needs.

> So I vote +1 for removing the existing Dojo plugin (+0 for deprecating) and +1 for creating
the simplistic components and example integrations.