struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Gabriel Belingueres" <belingue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sanity-check regarding ModelDrivenInterceptor vs. stack order
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:23:10 GMT
I'm not a big user of ModelDriven, but reading the
ModelDrivenInterceptor source code I see what you meant.

I thought that making an action ModelDriven would push the model at
the top of the stack, but it seems that there are cases where the
pushed model will not end at the top of the value stack when the
result is rendered.
Can this be cases where this may happen:
when action-chaining the result to another ModelDriven action? what if
both actions has refreshModelBeforeResult==true?
when other interceptor pushes data after the ModelDriverInterceptor?

The dangerous case is when you add to the value stack objects with
some identical properties, that's when the order in the stack is
important (and should log a warning when this happens?). If there are
no objects with shadowed properties, then it should be ok?