struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Yannick Haudry" <yhau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s1] tiles2 plugin
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:23:08 GMT
On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/21 Yannick Haudry <yhaudry@gmail.com>:
>> Struts 1.3.9, Tiles 2.0.6 and struts-tiles2-1.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar plugin.
>
> This configuration does not seem compatible to me. You have to try
> with a snapshot of Struts 1.4.0.

will try that but it seems to be related to the Tiles2 plugin itself.
By the way, do you have a chance to get a new struts1 release in the near
feature (including Tiles2-plugin) ? the last release is almost 1 year old,
and a bit more for the GA :(
or would it be a better idea to consider migrating to struts2 where
all the efforts are
concentrated now ?

>> I followed the migration guide from the Tiles2 website and got it
>> work, or almost !
>> Everything was working nicely until I used the export feature from
>> displaytag (see exception below)
>>
>> Taking a much closer look at the processTilesDefinition method from
>> the TilesRequestProcessor class:
>>
>>        if (container.isValidDefinition(definitionName, new Object[] { request,
>>                response })) {
>>            retValue = response.isCommitted();
>>            try {
>>                container.render(definitionName, new Object[] { request,
>>                        response });
>>            } catch (TilesException e) {
>>                throw new ServletException("Cannot render definition '"
>>                        + definitionName + "'");
>>            }
>>

>> It appears that the retValue is always set to 'false' in any case,
>> hence in the log statement my '.page.View' is always processed as uri
>> and not as definition.
>
> Yuk! It seems that you found a bug!
> In fact the "retValue" was supposed to be true if a definition was
> found. But in fact it was misused.
> Can you open a JIRA issue?
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/STR
> (use the "tiles2-plugin")
> If you can, can you create a patch about it?

sure.
thanks Antonio for you fast reply.

Yannick