struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bring Convention plugin into trunk and deprecate Zero Config
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 19:46:02 GMT
Just to update this thread quick...

The error is occurs mostly because the perm size is filling up or the
This the primary reason why I added the exclusions list. The other
reason is that scanning the entire classpath and loading every class
into the JVM in any action package could take a long time.

I recall some work to change things to use ASM rather than loading the
class into the JVM. This work should have reduced the need for
exclusions almost completely since the class isn't actually loaded
into the JVM at all. The byte code is parsed by ASM instead.

-bp