struts-dev mailing list archives

From Struts Two <struts...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: dojo plugin
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:00:18 GMT
One issue with Dojo 0.4 that comes with framwork is its lack for accessiblity, however; Version
1+ adds this capability.I know in my company there are a few people who use screen readers
and that puts me personally on spot for using framework's ajax tags.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Newton <newton.dave@yahoo.com>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:19:47 PM
Subject: Re: dojo plugin

My take on it is that a limited amount of functionality is valuable--make the simplest use-cases
extremely simple. Anything beyond that it's better to just use the framework raw; there are
many advantages to that approach. Anything beyond simple use-cases requires JavaScript code
anyway; might as well just use the language that's best suited to the task.

My own jQuery plugin does this, the simple stuff can be done with tags; anything beyond that
I do by hand.

Dave