struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: Sanity-check regarding ModelDrivenInterceptor vs. stack order
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 23:22:07 GMT
Dave Newton wrote:

> It appears as though ModelDrivenInterceptor could change the stack order when a refresh
is necessary; the old model is removed from wherever it was in the stack and the new model
is simply pushed.

Is it possible to make it do a replace within the stack?

If not, rather than document it, I'd prefer that it throws an exception
(stack order changed exception/model not at top of stack
exception/something like that exception), so the developer's attention
is drawn to it.  These kinds of things cause apparently intermittent &
difficult to isolate problems.

The i18n tag had a similar issue when its closing tag liberally popped
anything off the top of the stack (now throws)