struts-dev mailing list archives

From Rene Gielen <gie...@it-neering.net>
Subject Re: Struts 2.0.11.2: Missing Announcement?
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:24:46 GMT
Paul,

as responses to the vote thread there are some further informations and
discussions regarding the announcement [1]. Since we found out that
2.0.11.2 breaks WebSphere 6 compatibility due to a missing patch in
XWork 2.0.5, the plan was to release a fixed XWork 2.0.6 with that patch
and go on with an announcement that references XW 2.0.6 as additional
needed resource for WS users, while 2.0.11.2 in general fixes the
security issue. For integration in a stable struts release, the plan is
to push out a 2.0.12 with some more awaited patches applied.

State now is that Rainer was in big time troubles with his day job and
is now on a one week vacancy, so that we will not get out a XW 2.0.6
release until next week. Also there seem to be further issues with
XW-641, which makes it even more complicated.

The announcement is sleeping in my draft mail folder for over a week
now, and since we will not get out XW 2.0.6 as soon as we thought, we
might want to push the announcement now including a clarification about
the actual (unresolved) state for WebSphere users, and I would do so in
a few hours if nobody disagrees.

I'm sorry for the troubles, I hope we manage to get this fixed asap.

- Rene

[1]
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Struts-2.0.11.2-Quality-%28fast-track%29-tp18063952p18335180.html