struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Rene Gielen" <rgie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading to struts 2.0.11.2 breaks all xml validators
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 12:07:09 GMT
Hi,

This would be a serious problem if we could reproduce it. I took a look in
the code of ValidatorFileParser for the 2.0.5 tag, and it should not act
other than before.
Could you please open a jira issue for this problem
(https://issues.apache.org/struts/), and attach a validator xml file that
is broken with 2.0.11.2?

TIA,
- Rene

Am Do, 3.07.2008, 21:16, schrieb Struts Two:
> Hello All:
> I have upgraded my struts 2.0.11.1 to struts 2.0.11.2. None of my xml
> validators run and they all break. I have downgraded to 2.0.11.1 and they
> all work again. I think there must be a bug with xwork-2.0.5.jar. The
> first few lines of stack trace are as follows:
> at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:216)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.addValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:192)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.ValidatorFileParser.parseActionValidatorConfigs(ValidatorFileParser.java:72)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.loadFile(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:361)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.buildAliasValidatorConfigs(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:244)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.buildValidatorConfigs(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:343)
>  at
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.AnnotationActionValidatorManager.getValidators(AnnotationActionValidatorManager.java:69)
>
> I have repeated the upgrade several times to make sure, it is indeed the
> upgrade that causes the issue. I just wanted to verify this before I
> createan issue.

Rene Gielen  | http://it-neering.net/
Aachen       | PGP-ID: BECB785A
Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net