struts-dev mailing list archives

From Struts Two <struts...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Enhancing "stream" type result
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:18:15 GMT
I am using struts 2.0.11.1 and I just realized that you can not dynamically set the filename
using stream result (at least that is my impression after a few hours of tweaking around the
code).
I ended up extending StreamResult to set contentDisposition dynamically. I think it would
be worthwhile if the code is modified to accomediate this functionality[it would be only a
few lines of code added]. Here is my extension
public class DynamicStreamResult extends StreamResult {
 @Override
 protected void doExecute(String finalLocation, ActionInvocation invocation)
   throws Exception {
  String filename = (String) invocation.getStack().findValue(
    conditionalParse("name", invocation));
  contentDisposition = "filename=\"" + filename + "\"";
  super.doExecute(finalLocation, invocation);
 }
}