struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: dojo plugin
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:19:47 GMT
My take on it is that a limited amount of functionality is valuable--make the simplest use-cases
extremely simple. Anything beyond that it's better to just use the framework raw; there are
many advantages to that approach. Anything beyond simple use-cases requires JavaScript code
anyway; might as well just use the language that's best suited to the task.

My own jQuery plugin does this, the simple stuff can be done with tags; anything beyond that
I do by hand.

Dave