struts-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bring Convention plugin into trunk and deprecate Zero Config
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:43:22 GMT
> Then the classes that match the actionPackages
> (named packages like "com.my.package") will be queued for processing,
> as well as classes whose package matches one of the locators
> ("action", "actions", etc). If you name your packages using
> actionPackages, the plugin will find the classes in them.

Thanks for the explanation:)
It seems it could be implemented in getPackageLocatorTest() very easy. I just
extend the if-condition (packageName.length() > 0).

> You said you
> had to exclude some jars, what kind of problem did you have? it could
> be a bug in the plugin.

I did use Toplink Essentials and in its jar there is a package
called "persistence.antlr.actions". So the locators matched. Don't know why
it comes to an error, but I think it is the same reason Brian excluded
hibernate and some other packages by default.

Because of that I feel way safer including rather than excluding packages to
scan. There may be other libraries like antlr that are problematic.

btw, I realized that disableJarScanning now defaults to true... this is new
behaviour and could lead to some confusion. From the wiki:
"If you compile this class and place it into your application in the
WEB-INF/classes or WEB-INF/lib (inside a JAR file), the Convention plugin
will find the class and map the URL /hello-world to it. "

	Piero