struts-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bring Convention plugin into trunk and deprecate Zero Config
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:32:02 GMT
> yes, the locators. We could have an option like a "jar locators" which
> would limit the jars scanned, it would be really easy to implement
> with the URLSets.

This could be a solution, but I can't imagine how to find a restriction that
is useful.... We had to enforce a naming scheme on the modules. Wouldn't my
first suggestion be easier? Or is that not possible at all? I am pretty lost
with these class scanning code...

The best thing for me would be if the locators are applied to a given parent
package only (like com.project.**). Everything else is ignored. So instead of
excluding packages I do not need, I just include what is needed. So I am able
to restrict the scanning to areas of the package hierarchy where I have
control. And it should give much better performance as well.

If you could give me a hint in the right direction how to implement this I am
happy and thankful :)

	Piero