struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Struts 2 OSGi Plugin
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:48:56 GMT
Well, at least in my experience so far, for libraries, it is usually
enough to take the default manifest, if there is a version of the jar
available that has one, but for frameworks, you may want to customize
exactly what packages are depended upon and, more importantly, what
dependencies are bundled in the jar.  For example, for the Struts 2
bundle, I wanted XWork, OGNL, Freemarker, and several Struts 2 plugins
in the bundle, so I ended up constructing my own bundle with its own
OSGi headers.  Freemarker just wasn't working, for whatever reason,
when deployed as its own bundle, and packaging the rest of the deps
into the struts bundle made deployment a lot easier.  I've found if
you can reduce the number of bundles you deploy, the less complicated
your life will become.

That said, adding OSGi manifest entries to your library would
certainly be appreciated.

Don