struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] Struts 2 OSGi Plugin
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:35:28 GMT
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/7/14 Don Brown <mrdon@twdata.org>:
>> It all depends on the approach.  Currently, JSP's aren't supported and
>> in fact, I doubt they will ever be supported.  If tiles can work with
>> Freemarker or Velocity, then I don't see why we couldn't get it
>> working.
>
> Currently Tiles can use only JSP and FreeMarker.
> Then, for the properties of intersection, only FreeMarker is supported
> with OSGi... Well probably not since the jars of Tiles are not
> OSGi-compatible.

Actually, that bit isn't a problem - we could bundle the tiles jars in
the struts 2 tiles plugin and generate the manifest for both
automatically.  In fact, to get Struts 2 working in an OSGi container,
I've had to basically create a bundle containing Struts 2 jars and
select dependencies, and I'm finding that the OSGi headers you want
basically depends on the deployment strategy you want to take (what
plugins are you using, are you bundling freemarker, etc).

Don