struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] EL support: Tomcat's Jasper instead of JUEL
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 09:07:46 GMT
2008/5/8 Adam Hardy <ahardy.struts@cyberspaceroad.com>:

> Antonio Petrelli on 08/05/08 09:34, wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> > I experimented the use of Tomcat's Jasper implementation of EL instead
> > of JUEL at Tiles, and it seems to work pretty well:

Eh, it's a bit complicated, since the Glassfish team does not like
Maven 2 very much. Here they are anyway:

    <dependency>
      <groupId>javax.el</groupId>
      <artifactId>el-api</artifactId>
      <version>1.0</version>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>

You have to add the repository too:

    <repository>
      <id>java_net</id>
      <url>http://download.java.net/maven/1/</url>
      <layout>legacy</layout>
    </repository>

Notice that Maven 2 repository of java.net contains a
not-compiled-correctly version of the API. I sent an e-mail to the
Glassfish team, but it seems that they won't update it :-(

Antonio