struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Adding configuration for Maven License Plugin
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 07:45:34 GMT
2008/4/18, Giovanni Azua <giaz@imc.nl>:

> hi Antonio,
>
> Using Eclipse => Preferences -> Java -> Code Style -> Code Template ->
> Comments -> Files
>
> you can set a license header and it will be automatically applied to every
> new file.

In fact the problem is with *old* files :-(

Better yet, you can define a Struts coding standards xml configuration that
> any developer can import into their IDE (for either Eclipse etc) and the
> good news is that it does not take build time.

There is already one, using checkstyle:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/struts/maven/trunk/build/struts_checks.xml
And Checkstyle can be used inside Eclipse (with the Eclipse-CS plugin).

It is a trade off though because maybe (?) the maven license plugin keeps it
> in sync with license changes.

Yep, there is a variable replacement in headers, though we don't need
replacement, if I am correct.

Ciao
Antonio