struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: [s2] A thought - next generation OSGi-based?
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 04:21:35 GMT
Putting aside the technology for a moment:
 - ability to deploy new actions/replace actions and pages without a
container restart: highly desirable
 - ability to deploy new/replace business-layer services without a
container restart: highly desirable
 - ability to evolve Struts2 without fear of breaking an API; highly
desirable

If, through appropriate packaging, OSGi facilities those requirements
that them I'm all for it. At this point I don't have a good appreciation
of what *actually exists* in this area.

I'd take care to ensure Struts2 continues to target entry-level
containers though (ie. Tomcat rather than Glassfish).