struts-dev mailing list archives

From Jeromy Evans <jeromy.ev...@blueskyminds.com.au>
Subject Re: 2.1 build
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 00:30:59 GMT
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Jeromy Evans
> <jeromy.evans@blueskyminds.com.au> wrote:
>

>> I've signed struts-annotations-1.0.3 using jeromy@apache.org and copied to
>> [1].
>>

> Where/how did you sign them?  Were the files re-built?  Generally you
> only sign what you build yourself, while it's under your control on a
> machine you trust.

Thanks for looking at these Wendy.  It's difficult to step-in part way
through the process.

I checked the source out from the struts-annotations-1.03 TAG.
I packaged and signed them myself but DID NOT deploy to
m2-staging-repository as that task was complete already
 From step 7 of Ref[1], I signed the build artifacts and copied them to
Ref[2] as per step 8.

[1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/Creating+and+Signing+a+Distribution
[2] http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/struts-annotations/1.0.3/

> I'm also not sure how the vote passed, if they were never signed originally.

I see that you mentioned that during the vote.

>>  Can some please take a moment to check these?  If they're okay I presume
>> the artefacts then just need to be copied to the right location for rsync to
>> ibiblio.  Any other formalities for struts-annotations?
>>
>>  [1] http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/struts-annotations/1.0.3/
>>

> Is this the same as what's in
> http://people.apache.org/builds/struts/struts-annotations/1.0.3/m2-staging-repository/org/apache/struts/struts-annotations/1.0.3/
> ?

I think that is a problem isn't it?  The files in the
m2-staging-repository [3] were built and deployed by Don, not the files
I built and signed [2]
As the maven artefacts for ibiblio come from m2-staging-repository
they'd be Don's binaries, not mine.
I presume that means the process has to be started from scratch unless
Don completes as only he can/should sign the binaries he created and
voters tested?

[3]