struts-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Leland <rlel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Feature sponsorship proposal
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 14:47:34 GMT
Don I have a few questions

1) I agree that this contribution has to be valuable to the contributing
company
both technically and marketing. Back in 2003 when I obtained free
IntelliJ licenses from Jetbrains for the Struts
Committers all they wanted was acknowledgment on our web page and that
was voted down as too commercial.
To IntelliJ's credit they still provided the license and later expanded
it to all of Apache.
How has the Struts PMC changed since then to allow what your proposing ?

2) What if a proposal isn't on the short list of features, however when
it is proposed the Struts community
its viewed as a useful idea ?

3) What if it turns out that two competing companies have different
implementations, which is a great place to be in.
     Do we need to think this far ahead or using Agile methods do we not
want to over design this process  initially ?

 -Rob