struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <mr...@twdata.org>
Subject Re: [s2] Get rid of optional dependencies
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:27:14 GMT
Ok, I created the following new plugins with associated docs:
 * JUnit Plugin
 * TestNG Plugin
 * DWR Plugin

I had to skip the Velocity plugin as it is too tightly integrated into
our tag library interfaces, which I'm not sure is a good thing or a
bad thing.  I also made Commons FileUpload required to a) reduce user
confusion and b) ensure that file upload tag shipped in core works.

I'm not sure we want to keep the DWR plugin as a bundled plugin or if
we should just move it off to google code or wherever.  From what I
can tell, it hasn't worked in a while, and no one has complained, so I
wonder if it is even used.

So anyways, I wasn't able to get rid of all the optionals, but it is
looking better.  The last major refactoring I've been contemplating is
moving tags out into their own plugin, but I'm still not 100% sure it
is a good idea.

Don