struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: [struts-dev] Issue WW-2107 question - Is JSTL disable or not?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 07:19:46 GMT
Chris Pratt wrote:
> I don't know about other containers, but this works great on Resin.  I
> do it today.

Glad to learn I'm wrong!  So the plugable EL version of the struts tags
should all be able to work with the same .tld, with rtexprvalue set to
false everywhere, and the tag attributes that should be evaluated can be
handed to the currently-plugged-in evaluation engine inside the tag.
Hell, if they were all distinguishable textually (like ${} vs %{}) it
could auto-select the appropriate el on an attribute by attribute basis,
then *everyone* would be happy, without even needing to globally select
one EL plugin...  (And as you've been saying, since the string would be
evaluated by exactly one of these, we don't re-expose the previous
security risk.)

-Dale