struts-dev mailing list archives

From Felipe Rodrigues <felip...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Issue WW-2107 question - Is JSTL disable or not?
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:51:27 GMT

Your suggestion for question 1 is good, since we have more description on
struts documentation.

The 2 point is the most important, from my view.
Use JSP EL in Struts2 tag is not a best pratice. Match these kind of
languages could make the code confuse to be maintained. Sometimes you use
OGNL, othertimes you use JSTL EL.

We can make this stop now, buy forcing people to use OGNL or leave it
possible to use and keep trying to make them understand that it is a bad
pratice.

I think lot of people can say that match it is not a bad pratice, but...
well, somebody have to decide it.

Grato,

Felipe Rodrigues