struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Re: StrutsStatics...
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:39:50 GMT

(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=C%2B%2B+interfaces&btnG=Google+Search)
> would have shown you. Perhaps you're thinking of C.

>From the first sentence of the first link:

> The distinction between classes and interfaces is a powerful
> language feature present both in Java and C# (along with
> many other languages) but not in C++.

An interface pattern isn't an interface, which is what people were responding
to.

> newton.dave wrote:
>> One of the reasons people used the technique was to avoid a minimal
>> amount of extra keystrokes. Java 5's static imports removed the need
>> for the extra keystrokes.
> I disagree.

Go ahead. That's why people did it. There's no other reason to do it.

> the only personal attack I think I've made was towards Chris.

Which is completely out-of-line and inappropriate in this forum.

You may continue without me.

Dave