struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Al Sutton" <al.sut...@alsutton.com>
Subject Re: [S2] - FilterDispatcher and ActionContextCleanup (WW-2240 FileUploadInterceptor causes null pointer exception)
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 07:03:24 GMT
Is this only a WebLogic issue (has anyone seen it in another container)?, if
so is it purely a WL 10 issue?, is the problem fixed in WL 10.1? If it's
only a WL issue I think that a temp patch is fine until BEA sort out
whatever is causing it to occur.

As a side note, rather than doing an isInfoEnabled check, wouldn't it be
better to do the following before the loop;

Locale loggingLocale;
if( ActionContext.getContext() == null ) {
    loggingLocale = Locale.getDefault();
} else {
    loggingLocale = ActionContext.getContext().getLocale();
}

and then in the loop do;

LOG.info(getTextMessage("struts.messages.removing.file", new
Object[]{inputValue, currentFile}, loggingLocale));

My reason for suggesting this is that with the current patch I would guess
that info logging was enabled the NPE would still occurr, so we're basically
saying that WL 10 users can't use info level logging or below, which seems a
bit harsh. It also has the benefit of not having a conditional test in each
loop iteration, which, as a bit of a performance freak, makes me happy.

What do people think?

Al.