struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should voting +1 on a release imply that the vote intends to help support the release?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:04:47 GMT
2008/1/15, Al Sutton <al.sutton@alsutton.com>:

> So if you wouldn't +1 for a release with no support, then what do you do
> ensure support is available before +1ing?

Nothing: in real world, how do you ensure that a volunteer entity works?
Trust, belief that the volunteers are good people, and other beautiful
things. After all, as committers, we all have been invited after supporting
the community, so we all are *good* people :-)
We are not obliged to work on Struts, we can go away at any time, and we
have not deadlines. So, the *forced obligation* of support seems like a
nonsense to me.

Antonio