struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Sanjeev Vijapurapu" <SVijapur...@WSGC.com>
Subject RE: Struts2 JSF Plugin
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 21:08:57 GMT
So you mean we should push all JSF actions onto OGNL stack?
Shouldn't the jsf interceptor stack do it for us?
I mean if you are using plain jsf, whatever backing beans you configure
in faces-config, can be invoked from any jsf component from anywhere and
not just the action which renders it which is the case with struts-jsf
plugin.

So what I am suggesting is :
1) if you have action config like :
	<action name="jsfAction" class-"....">
		<interceptor-ref=jsfStack"/>
		<result.....
	</action>

>From a jsf component you should be able to invoke it as
	<h:commandButton action"#{jsfAction.doSomething}"/>

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:47 PM
To: Sanjeev Vijapurapu
Subject: Re: Struts2 JSF Plugin

provisionally yes (for a static invocation)
@package.ActionClassName@doSomething()

for non-static would have to know if you pushed the object onto OGNL
stack
via request/session/application or root e.g.
assuming action is the ONLY single root object you can access
doSomething()
method via this mechanism
#action.doSomething()

Martin--