struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Convention plugin
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 05:41:51 GMT
I have the first rough version of the convention plugin checked into the
sandbox. Feel free to take a look. I haven't completed the unit tests
yet, but I did get most of the Javadoc updated and added all the new
features and support that was discussed.

The most major change I'm trying to determine if I like is that you now
do most everything on the action methods rather than the action class. I
tend to like it more, but my only compliant is that I have to move my
getters and setters below my action methods, which I don't normally do,
so that I can see how the class is configured quickly after opening it
in an editor. I guess I could go Groovy and drop the getters and
setters. I've also tossed around the idea of some interceptor changes
that would allow for actions with public/protected member variables.

Anyways, feel free to check it all out and comment on things..... Oh,
and there are a few outstanding bugs I've opened with XWork that I had
to make locally (not a committer) in order to get things working
correctly. So, if you run into issues, it could be those things. They
had to do with the Guice container and type converters. I can send folks
patch files until they are fixed on XWork trunk. Just send me an email
if you want them.

-bp