struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: Would like more flexibility in Result
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:09:50 GMT

> My requirements specify a mechanism that allows for:
>
> - caching of lists (countries again in ApplicationScope for example)
>
> - parameterization (e.g. a list of codes allowed in a particular
> category - requires the categoryId)
>
> - localization of dropdown beans (i.e. country names)
I handle the country and other types of lists and drop downs using the
action tag and it works nicely. In fact, I've been using the action tag
a lot more lately rather than using custom tags or any other type of
classes because the mechanism is already there and works nicely.

My usage is like this:

  <s:action id="jc" namespace="/jcatapult" name="countries">
    <s:param name="preferredCodes" value="{'US'}"/>
    <s:param name="includeBlank" value="true"/>
  </s:action>
  <s:select list="%{#jc.countries}"
key="user.contactInfo.addresses[\"work\"].country" required="true"/>

-bp