struts-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Newfield <D...@Newfield.org>
Subject Re: URL questions...Was: Re: [struts] params and staticParams
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 06:05:47 GMT
Dale Newfield wrote:
>> But are commas url friendly?  I.E.:  Is this bad?
>> http://mymachine/myapp/users/friendOf/amy,joe/attendedEvent/BobsBirthday.html
>

> I think http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt says that this is OK.

As part of getting this working I wound up building a different type of
CompositeActionMapper, that I called NamespaceBasedActionMapper

It let me do this:
<constant name="struts.mapper.namespaceMapping"
value="/show:pseudoRestful,:struts"/>

to select which ActionMapper would be asked to map which requests.

If this would be appreciated, I can contribute it to the effort.
If I get at least two "+1"'s I'll create a JIRA issue and post the patches.

-Dale

P.S.:  I wound up having to embed a reference to some data specific to
my app to build the ActionMapper that implements "pseudoRestful" above,
and it doesn't do a number of the bits that the other
RestfulActionMappers do, so I don't think that is worth contributing.