struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Use the Source, Luke!
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:55:00 GMT
I *definitely* say no... I know in my shop, we're going to be stuck with
JDK 1.4 for nearly another year because of Websphere, so it would keep
me from moving up the Struts 1.x ladder (although, we're still on 1.2.8
I believe, so we're back a ways regardless).

My feeling is that S1 should pretty much always stay on 1.4... I think
with the large installed base, and many in shops that haven't and don't
plan to bump to JDK 1.5, the 1.x track should remain accessible to them.
  I'd like to see the JDK line be S1 vs. S2... those that are stuck on
1.4 for whatever reason know that the 1.x track is for them, those on
1.5+ can choose either track.

Frank