struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing libraries from source distro (WAS: Re: Source for plugins missing from 2.0.11?)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:18:41 GMT
On Nov 12, 2007 3:54 AM, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> In fact it is not so bad, it needs only some tweaks to make it work
> (and removing some extra configuration :-) ).
> I feel that I am very near to the solution, but I wonder what is the
> sense of including jars in the source distribution: since the
> preferred way of building Struts 2 is Maven, we can "force" using
> Maven for building from source.
> This way, we can remove the jars and let Maven download all the dependencies.

There is a build.xml at the top.  The dependencies might be for
that... but, external dependencies only, we shouldn't include the
released struts jars in the source distro.

I looked at it, and we're still using an old version of the archetype
plugin.  It's just a few lines to get the plugin source included.  One
day maybe we can move to the latest archetype plugin release, but I
there are lots of changes in the descriptor format.

--
Wendy