struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Is the REST plugin ready for primetime? CodeBehind?
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:28:35 GMT
The new REST plugin has been moved up from the Sandbox and marked
non-experimental.

Personally, I haven't used it enough to say whether it's ready for
prime time or not. (Though, I am now comfortable with the CodeBehind
plugin.)

I know that Don has put a lot of work into the REST plugin, and so I
expect that it is solid. But, non-experimental should mean that more
than one of us has actually used the component extensively, and that
at least three of us intend to support the component post-release.

Would anyone like to chime in as to whether they are using the REST
plugin, and, if a committer, whether you would intend to help support
it post-release?

I know we're planning some changes to the CodeBehind plugin, so now
would be the wrong time to mark it non-experimental, but it would also
be nice to get a better feeling of who else is using the CodeBehind
plugin, and whether you might help support it in the future.

-Ted.