struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Merge Able/Code Behind/Zero-Config/SmartURLs into view-behind specification
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:22:23 GMT
On Nov 2, 2007 12:20 PM, Brian Pontarelli <brian@pontarelli.com> wrote:

> Hmmmmmmm.......... Why are you using the J2EE configuration? The key is
> that smarturls will automatically redirect to / and you can just add a
> /WEB-INF/content/index.jsp or an action and those can redirect or
> forward or whatever. Is this something we should handle because there
> are cases you must have a different welcome page? Or is this something
> that is no longer necessary because of the smarturls/struts2 conventions?

I updated the ticket since the mailing list post. What I find now is
that we can omit the welcome-file stanza completely, because as you
say, the filter does the work.

What didn't work was trying to redirect to the action mapping from a
JSP or HTML, as we usually have to do with Struts applications. In
that case, we get some unexpected behavior. Basically, instead of
opening index.jsp, the system tries to find a index page under
index.jsp/

But, if you don't do that, then it works fine. :)

-Ted.