struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Merge Able/Code Behind/Zero-Config/SmartURLs into view-behind specification
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 18:15:21 GMT
On Nov 2, 2007 12:24 PM, Brian Pontarelli <brian@pontarelli.com> wrote:

> Ted Husted wrote:
> > On Nov 2, 2007 1:52 AM, Jeromy Evans <jeromy.evans@blueskyminds.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> My case can be replicated in the MailReader however by adding a no-op
> >> IndexAction in root namespace and removing the default-action-ref.
> >>

> > The use-case for the default-action-ref is localization. By using a
> > default-action-ref, it's easy to provide a package.properties file
> > that the actions can share.
> >
> Isn't package.properties is shared even if there isn't a default action?

Not unless the struts.custom.i18n.resources is set.

 <constant name="struts.custom.i18n.resources" value="actions.package" />

> On the topic of properties and localization, I'd like to figure out a
> method for handling this stuff without actions but still associating it
> with the action or xwork-package.

The struts.custom.i18n.resources setting will find the specified
properties file without an Action class.

But, in practice, it's hard to imagine very many non-trivial
applications that won't need some type of a base action.

-Ted.