struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 2 Plugin for Grails?
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:07:43 GMT
Mark,
I was reading Getting Started With Grails this weekend and the more I
look at Grails, the more I see your Groovy Works effort fitting into a
Grails mini-porting effort to Struts 2.  Much of what you describe is
already in Grails and I think the last thing we need is yet another
groovy web framework. :)

Just to expand upon this, I think there are 3 main pieces we would need
to make this work:
1. A new plugin based on Don's rest plugin that maps incoming request to
grails controllers.
2. A grails controller engine that can take the grails request, provide
the necessary context and execute a grails controller.
3. A GSPResult that can create the context for the GSP page and execute
the GSP page.

I did some work on this over the weekend and it didn't take too much
effort to get a GSPResult going.  (Although the templated executed, it
didn't display any data because I didn't have a ModelAndView for the
template to run against)
Tom