struts-dev mailing list archives

From Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>
Subject Re: [S2] Plugins gone wild!
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 21:52:03 GMT
>  * Creating a "struts2-core-plugin" artifact that would include the
> plugins that are needed to write a "typical" Struts 2 application.

I like this most :-)
To have a standard way of doing things makes development a lot faster and
easier.

> I haven't looked into yet, but we might also consider a "persistence"
> plugin with JPA support, if that makes any sense.

Using JPA in s2 is really easy. The only functionality I can think of at the
moment is a factory for the EntityManager and a PersistenceUnit that is
defined in struts.xml. If it helps I will try to build such a plugin.

Btw - a JavaEE plugin would be _really_ nice. Is there a way of having some
kind of "Servlet-Actions"? This would give us free @EJB and @Persistence
functionality in JavaEE 5 environments.

	Piero