struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [S2] Release process for Struts 2.1.x
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:57:07 GMT
On 9/7/07, Ted Husted <husted@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm nervous since there doesn't seem to be a way to try a "dry run" on
> 2.1.x. Though, since there is no hurry for 2.0.10, if you have time to
> apply the patch to the branch, we might as well try it there first.

Jim pointed out the -DdryRun=true parameter so you can see what it's
going to do (and then 'mvn release:clean' afterwards before doing it
for real).

The first time you do it, it will probably do some rearranging and
reformatting in the pom, but after that the diffs will settle down to
only the version number and scm connection elements changing.

And just in general, we use the release plugin at Maven, have used it
at MyFaces, and at work we use the release management feature in
Continuum (which is based on the same thing).  I admit it took a while
before I trusted Maven to touch svn under my user id. :)

Antonio, thanks for working on this!

--
Wendy