struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Annotations Plugin (was Re: [OT] Re: Should I announce)
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:11:31 GMT
If we are going to do major surgery on the annotations, then we should
move them to a Struts Annotations plugin. In this way, we can bring
out a new and improved annotations plugin for 2.1, and people can
choose which set of annotations to use. We do already have some
annotations in the public API, and giving people a choice between
plugins is an excellent way to provide a migration path.

Also, in that way, work on the new annotations won't hold up the rest
of the 2.1. release.

I would still like to roll 2.1.0 by the end of the month. I'm away
next week, but perhaps we could plan on Sept 30 (unless someone else
is available).

-Ted.