struts-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Should I announce SmartURLs or wait?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 03:12:25 GMT
As I understand it, 2.0.x is not a "patch release". It's part of the
2.0.x minor release series. By our reckoning, 2.0.10.1 would be a
"patch" release, and in that case, I would agree.

AFAIK, we have always agreed that minor releases are *not*
feature-locked. If we start feature-locking minor-releases, IMHO, we
will *never* get a timely GA vote on a minor release, because everyone
will say "wait, wait, one more thing". (Been there, did that, burned
the T-shirt!)

We do have annotations in the 2.0.x series, but we are missing
ActionName/ActionNames annotations. We would simply be finishing what
we already started. No one is suggesting that we change any existing
behavior, but that we simply add in the ActionName.ActionNames
annotations in the same way that we have ResultName and ResultNames
annotations.

-Ted.