struts-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Pontarelli <br...@pontarelli.com>
Subject Re: [s2] The death of the .action extension
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2007 01:29:47 GMT
Hehe.

I actually did this same exercise for the SmartURLs plugin. It is
running on a number of live sites we built and works well. I'm glad to
see that this will be incorporated into core.

One of the things I made sure to handle as well were the indexes for
URLs like:

1. http://example.com/foo
2. http://example.com/foo/
3. http://example.com/foo/index

For #1 I handle this in the same manner most servers do. If there is an
action named foo in the namespace / it takes precedence. Otherwise, I
redirect to #2. Then for #2 it behaves the same as #3. Works great.

Here's the docs I put up on it:

http://code.google.com/p/smarturls-s2/wiki/WalkThrough

It is under the "Index pages and actions" section and the "Extensionless
URLs" section.

-bp