struts-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Schneider <schne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [s2] The death of the .action extension
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:46:42 GMT
What kind of strange new world will it be without .action?  I've grown
so used to it I can't imagine not using it.  So you're saying you would
have the same url without the .action part?

Now that we have all these options for mapping url's to
actions/parameters, is there a new recommended approach that developers
should follow?  Essentially you are getting rid of the old recommended
webwork approach.  Options are great, but if you can't make heads or
tails of which way is 'recommended' I think it may lead to confusion.
(Not to mention more issues when trying support less experienced
developers)  It would require updating all the docs/examples with the
new approach.
Tom