struts-dev mailing list archives

From Cesar Arevalo <cesararev...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xwork groupId change
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:33:47 GMT
I was having the same error the other day, the way I fixed it was by changing the groupId for
opensymphony in the /core/pom.xml, there are only two places that it appears in the plugins
and the dependencies:

from:
    <groupId>com.opensymphony.xwork</groupId>

    <groupId>opensymphony</groupId>

this should work :-) I do not know the technical details as to why it is not working as it
is at the moment though. My guess is that the opensymphony guys changed the mvn repository
directory name.

HTH
-Cesar

----- Original Message ----
From: Nils-Helge Garli <nilsga@gmail.com>
To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:52:32 AM
Subject: Re: xwork groupId change

I keep getting build failures saying maven can't find xwork 2.1-SNAPSHOT:

------------

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: com.opensymphony.xwork
ArtifactId: xwork
Version: 2.1-SNAPSHOT

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.opensymphony.xwork -DartifactId=xwork
 \
        -Dversion=2.1-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

  com.opensymphony.xwork:xwork:jar:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  Maven Snapshots (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2/),
  opensymphony (http://maven.opensymphony.com),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  snapshots-maven-codehaus (http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2)

Is this in some way related to this? And how do I fix it? Is there a
snapshot repository I'm missing in my local settings.xml file?

Nils-H